Health and Safety Protocols
The safety of workshop attendees is NSF’s top priority. The most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for them to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The workshop will be taking place at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) which is managed by the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). All individuals who come onsite to a UCAR-managed facility must comply with applicable federal, state, and local public health requirements related to masking, social distancing, and hand washing. Attendees must also follow guidance in NSF’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan.
All attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated prior to visiting UCAR premises. UCAR will follow the definition of “fully vaccinated” in use by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
During the registration process, in-person attendees must agree to the guidelines set forth by UCAR.
The workshop will be offered virtually to those who are unable to agree to these health and safety measures.
On-site Safety Measures
The Large Facilities Office will provide the option to participate in a color-coding system on badges for attendees to identify their comfort level with interactions with other attendees:
- Red Dot or Ribbon = No Contact
- Yellow Dot or Ribbon = I’m willing to elbow bump
- Green Dot or Ribbon = I’m willing to shake hands and hug
Additional Safety Measures:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the meeting space
- As much as possible, food and beverage will be individually packaged for serving
- Outdoor seating will be available for breaks