Health and Safety Protocols
The safety of workshop attendees is NSF’s top priority. The most effective way to ensure the safety for yourself and all attendees is to be vaccinated against COVID-19. At this time, we do not expect any special attendance requirements related to COVID-19 (i.e., vaccination status, testing). However, all individuals who come attend the workshop in-person must comply with applicable federal, state, and local public health requirements that are in place during the workshop.
Please be prepared to follow additional safety guidelines, which are subject to change based on local pandemic status. Attendees must also follow guidance in NSF’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan.
If an attendee feels ill or has COVID-19 symptoms, that individual should not enter the workshop space regardless of vaccination status.
If an attendee tests positive for COVID-19 immediately before travel to Washington DC or during the workshop dates, NSF will provide virtual access with a partial refund or allow the individual to transfer the whole of their registration fee to the 2024 Research Infrastructure Workshop. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
NSF regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows. Registrants may transfer their registration to a colleague within the same institution at any time without penalty. Transfer requests should be directed to email@example.com.
Venue Safety Measures
In response to the pandemic, the Marriott at Metro Center in Washington DC, like all Marriott hotels, has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These protocols are designed to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and promote the health and safety of guests and staff.
- Enhanced cleaning frequency: Marriott has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas, such as lobbies, elevators, and public restrooms.
- Guest rooms: Marriott has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols for guest rooms, including using hospital-grade disinfectants and paying special attention to high-touch areas such as door handles, light switches, and remote controls.
- Food and beverage: Marriott has implemented new cleaning protocols for its restaurants, bars, and banquet facilities, including enhanced cleaning frequency and new procedures for handling and serving food.
- Staff training: Marriott has provided extensive training for its staff on new cleaning and disinfection protocols, as well as new procedures for interacting with guests.
- Public spaces: Marriott has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols for all public spaces, including meeting rooms, fitness centers, and pool areas.